What is a Loan Signing Agent?
- Notary Public
- Walks a borrower through Loan Documents
- 3rd Party that is Neutral – we have no interest in the loan, no commissions paid
What are the Types of Real Estate Transactions David Handles?
- Construction Loan
- Reverse Mortgage
What does it Cost?
- A loan signing fee ranges between $79 and $189, depending upon location and the number of signers in the transaction
- On the closing statement of a real estate closing, there is a Notary Fee line item
Title Companies, Real Estate, Lending Institutions and Mortgage Professionals are Interested Parties. Therefore, they must hire a neutral 3rd party. Some signings are located in the title office, in the home, at an attorney’s office, in a public place such as libraries or government buildings, or even in a coffee shop. A Notary Signing Agent is mobile and can facilitate your closing signatures on the weekends and evenings as well.
David Ferrante has attended the training and certification to be a Notary Public in the State of Florida and is certified as a Notary Signing Agent for Real Estate and other legal transactions.
What is a Mobile Notary?
- Just like it sounds, we come to you.
- Whether it’s a prenuptial, an application, or something as detailed and important as a loan closing, you’re in good hands with David Ferrante. He is licensed, trained and insured on how to handle the 100+ pages of loan documents to close your deal.
What should you have in preparation for David’s arrival?
- Two forms of Identification, one of which must be issued from the State and the other can be a variation of legal forms of identification such as a social security card, bank cards, or a passport.
- Have your stipulations ready, whether that be a check for closing, keys, W-2s, proof of wire transfer, or whatever your lending institution has instructed you to bring.
- All of your documents should have blank signature blocks prior to the in-person appointment. A review of the documents will be conducted.
- All signers must be present
- Be prepared to Swear or Affirm (if you don’t swear) as these are legal documents that must be sworn to in the event of disputes or litigation
- As a Notary Signing Agent, it is my job to oversee the signing. There will be no legal advice given, and no attempt to aid in closing the loan. That part should have been completed already.
- Normally the process takes about an hour, but depending upon the signer’s pace, it could be quicker or longer. Be prepared to sit at least an hour for the process.
- There will be spaces on the closing paperwork for Signatures, Dates, and Initials. All the provided spaces for these need to be completed to avoid delays in closing.